Tube Radio Forum - The friendliest radio forum on the net!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You aren't from around these parts

Go down

You aren't from around these parts Empty You aren't from around these parts

Post by Boobtube on Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:25 am

Hello everyone, My name is Michael and I am very new to this world. You could say that it found me. My uncle recently passed away and left me his collection of radio tubes, transistors, gauges form equipment, a lot of random porcelain bits. He worked for the Navy in China Lake and had a Hugh collection of Navy radio tubes, loose and still in boxes. They are fascinating to look at and it sparked an interest. Im pretty sure the majority work if not unused. I am interested in learning how to test them. He had a bunch of testers as well. So I was hoping to get some advice on how to jump in this situation I found myself in. I have my winters relatively free to invest some time into this and am keen. I've done a bit of searching the internet and realized a lot of it is greek to me but Im willing to try.

Boobtube

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-12-01

Back to top Go down

You aren't from around these parts Empty Re: You aren't from around these parts

Post by Spivey on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:11 pm

Welcome to TRF. Someone I'm sure will be by to help. I'm not much of a tube man myself. Can you post a few pics of what you have?

Spivey

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum